DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – NASCAR presented several season-ending awards on Wednesday afternoon at the Encore Theater in Las Vegas, during the annual NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards.
A number of honors were handed out during the Champion’s Week mainstay, highlighted by the Champion Crew Chief Award, which was bestowed to Todd Gordon, crew chief for the championship winning No. 22 Ford with driver Joey Logano.
During his acceptance speech, Gordon detailed the team’s roller-coaster season, including the thrilling win at Martinsville Speedway that locked Logano into the Championship 4 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
“This win allowed everyone at Team Penske to focus on Homestead for three weeks,” Gordon said. “It was awesome to see all 550 Mooresville Employees pulling in the same direction, getting us as prepared as we’d ever been for the Championship race.”
Here is the complete list of Thursday’s Ford award winners from the NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon:
- American Ethanol Green Flag Restart Award: Kevin Harvick
- Busch Pole Award: Kurt Busch
- Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company Award: Joey Logano
- MAHLE Clevite Engine Builder of the Year Award: Doug Yates
- Mobil 1 Driver of the Year Award: Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
- Sunoco Diamond Performance Award: Joey Logano
- Champion Crew Chief Award: Todd Gordon