Clubs & Groups
Classic Thunderbird Club International
Website : www.ctci.org
Classic Thunderbird Club International (CTCI) is the preeminent membership club for Classic Thunderbirds. If you own a Thunderbird or are just passionate about the 1955, 1956 or 1957 Thunderbird automobiles, CTCI is for you. We have over 5,100 members and 118 chartered chapters representing 23 countries of the world and all 50 States of the United States. CTCI is now the International vision of founder Vic Take, more than 50 years ago. Our award winning EarlyBird publication, which began as a newsletter, has graduated to a 64-page, full-color magazine. It is currently published six times per year, and is still the single best printed source for restoration knowledge, maintenance tips, historical data, parts and cars, plus news from around the world about our members and their past and upcoming T-Bird events.
To enhance the information available through the EarlyBird, CTCI was an early Internet entrant in 1998 with the introduction of its first web site. This website continued to improve and evolve over the years, providing members with a searchable technical article index, online shopping at CTCI’s club store, and Gil's Garage – a renowned collection of tech tips and articles. In 2010 a major update was introduced with a robust Classified Ad section and News and Events pages to keep visitors up to date on Thunderbird events and club news. The new site also offers an on-line member roster and each chapters can have an informational page about their club along with a link to the chapter's website and Facebook page, if available.
CTCI has reprinted and made available to members over 34 different technical and shop manuals, decals, owners' handbooks, and sales brochures that would otherwise be obsolete. Additionally CTCI members have access to technical aids, original vehicle invoices, and the distinguished CTCI Restoration Manual and its 10 updates, created by CTCI members, for members. Through the years, CTCI has kept a close liaison with Ford Motor Company and other automotive parts manufacturers, helping to keep parts and other consumables available for our little 'Birds. The best news is that although CTCI has grown into a large organization, our annual dues (including our magazine subscription) are still kept low due to the wise and efficient management of our CTCI Directors, Officers and Staff.
There are sanctioned CTCI conventions hosted by various CTCI chapters every year. The locations of these events will vary from year to year depending on the location chosen by the hosting chapter. All sanctioned CTCI conventions offer Concours judging events which present members the opportunity to have their T-Birds judged in classes which include original, non-original, un-restored and touring. For those not wishing to have their cars judged, CTCI also offers a display only class and driving tours.
CTCI offers something for a broad range of T-Bird owners and enthusiasts; we invite you to join us. You can call (800) 488-2709 or go to our website (ctci.org) for more information.
The Classic Thunderbird Club International’s purpose is: “To operate and maintain an organization to encourage and promote the admiration and ownership, care and maintenance, with safe and courteous operation, of the "Classic Thunderbird", defined as a two-passenger 1955, 1956, and 1957 Ford Thunderbird automobile.”
- A subscription to the EarlyBird Magazine for news, Technical and social information is included with every membership.
- Member access to accurate technical information provided by knowledgeable, qualified individuals with Classic Thunderbird experience. (No guess or rumor repair forums)
- Website loaded with Technical information, news, events, club store and so much more
- Facebook page provides a quick and easy means to communicate with T-Bird enthusiasts all over the world.
- Licensed, high quality reproduced Ford Thunderbird information (no parts) of interest to Classic Thunderbird owners available to members directly from CTCI.
- New technical manuals authored by our professional staff and membership to assist you in restoring and maintaining your T-Bird in the 21st Century
- Camaraderie with other Classic T-Bird owners through local chapters and organized T-Bird events
- Access to Classic Thunderbird parts vendors for high quality Ford Licensed parts and other parts of interest for your Classic Thunderbird.
- Member access to CTCI’s on line roster of worldwide CTCI Membership.
- For CTCI Chapters and Chapter Members CTCI provides Event Liability Insurance. (Contact CTCI for details)