- EARLY APEX
- A driver turns into a corner early.
- ECONOMY RUN
- Driving slower to conserve fuel. Champ Car World Series series cars can actually manipulate air/fuel levels (less fuel, more air) to run "lean" and conserve fuel.
- Engine Control Unit or Black Box.
- The Electronic Engine Control unit colloquially referred to as the Black Box.
- ELAPSED TIME
- The time it takes an NHRA vehicle to travel from the starting line to the finish line. Also called "e.t."
- After NHRA qualifying, vehicles race two at a time, resulting in one winner from each pair. Winners continue in tournament-style competition until one remains.
- END PLATE
- The vertical end piece of a wing on Champ Car World Series.
- ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Another term for the Black Box.
- EVOLUTION CAR
- Manufacturer's improved version of rally car already homologated by FIA officials.